Consensus Decision Making for MDs Online
Path to Performance
Levels 1, 2
How to use consensus decision making in the partnership and unit-based team environment and what are the critical elements in a consensus decision.
Who should attend
Physicians who want to get a basic understanding of consensus or need to refresh themselves on how the consensus decision-making process works.
- Labor Management Partnership Orientation (LMPO)
- This should not be your only exposure to learning consensus decision making
Course outline and objectives
Consensus decision making
Define a consensus decision
Spirit of consensus
Describe what it means to reach consensus
Understand the guidelines to conduct consensus effectively
Test for consensus
Utilize the three questions that need to be answered to be in consensus
Apply guidelines to resolve standout situations
(knowledge, skills, attitudes)
- Utilize the three questions for consensus testing
- Positively encourage standouts and help them apply the guidelines for a standout
- Reaching consensus is not a sign of weakness for any of the parties
This course is available to all Kaiser Permanente employees; you must be connected to KP intranet and have an NUID to access this training. Use the link below or visit KP Learn and search on the course ID.
Access the course directly through KP Learn.
Course ID in KP Learn
This page was last updated 1/2/2015