Labor Management Partnership (LMP) Orientation Online
Path to Performance
This web-based training course introduces employees to the history, purpose and achievements of Kaiser Permanente’s Labor Management Partnership (LMP). In several video segments, KP employees speak about how partnership is being demonstrated successfully within their unit-based teams (UBTs) and how UBTs support KP’s Value Compass. The benefits to patients, employees and the organization are highlighted. In addition, learners are encouraged to know the basics of UBTs, so they can begin to work in partnership as soon as possible.
Who should attend
- Intended for all KP employees to learn about Kaiser Permanente's Labor Management Partnership. Employees within their first 90 days of employment at Kaiser Permanente should take this course.
- This course can be used to meet the National Agreement requirement for partnership training for labor, management and physician members of unit-based teams (UBTs); consult your regional LMP training policy.
This is an introductory course. There are no prerequisites.
Course outline and objectives
KP and organized labor
Kaiser Permanente’s relationship with organized labor
Labor Management Partnership (LMP)
The history of KP’s Labor Management Partnership (LMP)
KP and LMP: Where we are today
How and why partnership is working at Kaiser Permanente
LMP and unit-based teams (UBTs)
How UBTs are providing a platform for partnership
Partnership: Roles and responsibilities
How UBTs engage frontline employees in performance improvement
Where you can go for more information about the Labor Management Partnership
(knowledge, skills, attitudes)
Increase understanding of the following:
- KP’s history and long-term relationship with organized labor, and the origin of the Labor Management Partnership
- The Labor Management Partnership—it’s significance across the organization, and its far-reaching impact on people and the business
- How partnership supports KP’s social mission and is helping KP adapt to the challenges of a changing work environment
- The purpose and importance of UBTs and the KP Value Compass, and how frontline employees work in Partnership to achieve levels of high performance
- How UBTs function (the roles and responsibilities of members and the core skills they use to work collaboratively) and how members benefit personally and professionally by working in partnership
- LMP resources learners can use to get the latest information about partnership and UBTs, so they can quickly contribute to the work of their team
This course is available to all Kaiser Permanente employees; you must be connected to KP intranet and have an NUID to access this training. Use the link below or visit KP Learn and search on the course ID.
Access the course directly through KP Learn.
Course ID in KP Learn
This page was last updated 1/2/2015