If you are just getting started, welcome to the world of unit-based teams. UBTs, first negotiated as part of the 2005 National Agreement, are the platform for continually improving care and service across Kaiser Permanente. A unit-based team also supports the regional business strategy and goals for service, quality, affordability and growth.
A team includes all the participants in a work unit or department, including supervisors and managers, union stewards and staff members, physicians and dentists. UBTs tap the creativity, skills and experience of their members in order to improve team performance. They use specific methods and tools highlighted throughout this section of the website.
You’ll find information in this section on:
- The values that guide UBT work.
- How your team can establish a shared vision and goals.
- The broader social and economic context in which KP and UBTs operate.
- New ways of making team decisions.
- How to record your tests of change.