Path to Performance
This course is designed to improve the methods of a representative or “stakeholder” by providing tools and scenarios that will improve communication and teach how to manage issues.
Who should attend
This course is intended for labor participants only. Job categories who should attend are labor (co-leads, stewards and sponsors).
- Labor Management Partnership Orientation (LMPO)
Course outline and objectives
Roles and responsibilities of stakeholders and union partnership representatives
- Learn the definition of a stakeholder and the roles of a stakeholder in a partnership and unit-based team environment; learn what it takes to be an effective stakeholder
Communication the key to effective stakeholding
- Avoid communication breakdown through effective listening skills and how to give and receive feedback
Maintaining good internal and external processes
- Learn good meeting processes to follow as a stakeholder inside the meeting and with members of the unit-based team
Managing issues from a union perspective
- Learn how to ask team members about issues that affect them and how to prioritize and track issues to completion
(knowledge, skills, attitudes)
- Labor leaders should have an awareness of how they “fit” into the big picture
- Participants should have improved communications skills and rely on tools to guide their needs as representatives
- Participants will understand how to engage with members they represent both in and out of meetings
For information on this course or to request a training for trainers, contact LMPlearn@kp.org.
This page was last updated 1/2/2015